FCC HISTORY

March 1857

the first permanent Disciples church was organized in Alliance, Ohio with 30 members. 

1860

the first church building (meeting house) was erected on the Southwest corner of Wayne and Walnut Street. The structure was a one story wood framed building with a steeple mounted on the roof. 

1867-1867

 Alliance College established by church, closed in 1872. 

1877

the wood framed church building was moved to Main Street and Park Ave.

1887

the church's board of officers adopted a new church pledge for all members to sign. 

1890

Electric lights were installed and gas lights were removed from the church building. 

1891

Elders took turns at Communion Table, Deacons distribute loaf and cup. 

Feb 
13, 1898

the new church building was dedicated at Main Street and Park Ave, and cost $14,094. 

1910-1911

A Parsonage was erected next to the church.

April  1924

A new addition was completed (Milbourne Hall- Gym) and dedicated. It cost $70,000.

1933

Stark Electric ( Electric Trolley) established special fares for people attending church.

1945

Student Assistant Position established.

Nov. 1958

 New Sanctuary dedicated ($390,000) at Park and Main. 

1968

New Addition (Education Wing) Park and Main completed.

1987

New church constitution approved.

1988

New pipe organ dedicated.

1991

Church sponsored refugee family from Ukraine.

1993

Church begins purchase of 17.55 acres on West Beech Street in Alliance for new church facility.

1999

First Contemporary Casual Service held at 8:30 a.m. Sunday.

2000

First phase approved for West Beech Street site. 

April 2003

Ground broken at 1141 West Beech St. for new church.

Oct
2004

New church dedicated

2000

First phase approved for West Beech Street site. 

2005

 First full time female pastor.

2007

Church's 150 year celebration.

2009

 Baseball field dedicated.

2012

New addition dedicated.

2014

Statistics: 33 senior ministers, 16 associates, 19 Timothies

2014

Children’s “Worship and Wonder” church school for ages 3 to 2nd grade begins.

2015

New project: “Michael’s Closet” used clothing for kids, new born to size 5 T.

March 2017

FCC along with thirteen other local congregations, participate in Habitat for Humanity Apostle Build

Nov
2017

FCC donates 20 cooked turkeys for a Thanksgiving Community Meal.

Feb 2018

FCC leases the property at 333 East Market Street in Alliance, Ohio. to be used for Michael's World

July 2019

July 2019 - Pastor Aaron Phillips resigns as Senior Pastor 

Picture Taken before 1911

FCC Members sometime before 1911

Berean Bible Class 1922

1922 Loyal Berean Bible Class

1914 FCC on Park and Main

The New Church Building Dedicated in 1898

Stark Electric

1933 Stark Electric (Electric Trolley) established special fares for people attending church.

1958 FCC on Park & Main

1958 New Sanctuary dedicated ($390,000) at Park and Main.

GCC Ground Breaking-2003

1993 Church begins purchase of 17.55 acres on West Beech Street in Alliance for new church facility.

Rainbow blessing

2004 New Church Dedicated

Baseball Field

2009 Baseball field dedicated.

Finished new Addition

2012 New addition dedicated.

Baseball Field

2009 Baseball field dedicated.